If you or a loved one were recently injured in an accident, you need Esquire Law by your side. Our Arizona personal injury lawyers have the skills and resources it takes to bring the at-fault party to justice and secure the compensation you deserve. As a dedicated Arizona personal injury lawyer, we are committed to ensuring you receive the best legal support with us.
Why Choose Esquire Law for Your Personal Injury Case?
Whether your vehicle was totaled by an 18-wheeler or you suffered a brain injury in a motorcycle accident, our Arizona personal injury attorneys will fight for your rights. As your trusted legal advocates, your case is our top priority. We’ll achieve the results you want.
Personal Injury Law in Arizona
What’s Considered a Personal Injury?
In the state of Arizona, the legal concept of personal injury encompasses physical, emotional, or psychological harm endured by an individual due to the negligent or deliberate acts of another party. Personal injury cases in Arizona often revolve around scenarios in which one person’s conduct or negligence results in harm to another.
Common instances of personal injury cases in the state encompass car accidents, slip and fall accidents, incidents of medical malpractice, product liability issues, dog attacks, and cases involving premises liability. To pursue a personal injury claim in Arizona, the injured party must provide evidence that the responsible party’s actions or negligence were the direct cause of their injuries and subsequent losses.
Common Causes of Personal Injury
While personal injury can occur for a number of reasons, these are the eight most common causes that come across our desk.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car, motorcycle, and truck accidents often result in personal injuries due to the force of sudden impact. They can cause injuries like lacerations, bruising, and fractured or broken bones.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slippery or hazardous conditions on properties, both public and private, can cause individuals to slip, trip, and fall, resulting in injuries like broken bones, sprains, or head injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: Negligence by healthcare providers, including doctors, nurses, or hospitals, can lead to medical errors causing injuries or complications, such as surgical errors, misdiagnoses, or medication mistakes.
- Workplace Accidents: On-the-job injuries can occur in various industries, from construction accidents to office-related incidents, resulting in injuries ranging from minor cuts to severe fractures.
- Product Liability: Defective products or inadequate warnings can cause injuries when used as intended, leading to product liability claims, including cases involving defective vehicles, medical devices, or consumer goods.
- Dog Bites: Getting attacked by a dog can cause various physical and emotional injuries, including cuts, punctures, and emotional trauma.
- Premises Liability: Property owners are responsible for keeping spaces safe for residents or guests to use. If an injury occurs on the premises as a result of hazardous conditions, they can be held financially liable for all accident-related expenses.
- Recreational and Sports Injuries: Accidents and injuries can occur during recreational activities and sports, ranging from minor sprains to more severe head injuries.
The Role of Negligence in Personal Injury Cases
For a plaintiff to seek compensation in a personal injury case, they must prove the defendant acted negligently and that the defendant’s negligence caused their injuries. Let’s break it down further. Here are the four criteria that must be present to establish negligence.
- Duty: The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care.
- Breach: The defendant did not fulfill their duty of care.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach directly caused the plaintiff’s injuries.
- Damages: The plaintiff suffered a form of identifiable harm (physical, mental, or emotional) as a result of their injuries.
Arizona is a pure comparative negligence state, meaning the plaintiff can seek damages even if they’re up to 99% at fault. The damages awarded are reduced by the percentage of fault they contributed. Here’s an example. Let’s say you get in a car accident because another driver failed to signal, and you run into them from behind. You file a claim against the driver, and a judge awards $100,000 worth of damages. However, since you were following too closely when the accident occurred, the judge determines you are 50% at fault for the accident. Your compensation is reduced to $50,000.
Benefits of Hiring an Arizona Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury cases are complex. Thankfully, you don’t have to navigate yours alone. Esquire Law will help you:
- Navigate the complexities of Arizona personal injury law: We assist victims in navigating Arizona’s complex personal injury laws by providing legal expertise and guidance tailored specifically to your case. We analyze the details of each case to determine liability and assess the full extent of damages, including both economic and non-economic losses. We advocate for our clients, ensuring they understand their rights, meet important deadlines, and receive the compensation they deserve.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: We help victims negotiate with insurance companies by leveraging our legal knowledge and negotiation skills. We thoroughly assess your case, calculate the true value of your damages, and gather compelling evidence to support your claim. With this information, we can successfully advocate for your best interests and fight for a fair settlement.
- Ensure maximum compensation for your injuries and damages: Our expertise in handling personal injury claims and negotiating with insurance companies produces more favorable results for victims like you, ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We handle the following case types.
Car accidents involve the collision of one or more automobiles, leading to damage, injuries, or fatalities on the road.
Motorcycle accidents refer to collisions or incidents involving motorcycles, often resulting in injuries due to their more vulnerable nature compared to cars.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents occur when individuals lose their footing due to hazardous conditions, such as wet floors or uneven surfaces, often leading to injuries.
Truck accidents involve large commercial vehicles, like trucks and tractor-trailers, and can result in significant damage and injuries due to their size and weight.
Bicycle accidents involve collisions or incidents with bicycles, often causing injuries to cyclists due to their lack of protection compared to motor vehicles.
Birth injuries occur during the childbirth process and can lead to harm to the newborn or mother due to medical complications or errors.
Boating accidents take place on watercraft and may result in injuries or fatalities due to collisions, capsizing, or other maritime incidents.
Brain injuries encompass a range of conditions resulting from trauma or medical issues affecting the brain, potentially causing long-term cognitive or physical impairment.
Dog bites involve injuries caused by dogs, often due to aggressive behavior, and can lead to physical harm and emotional distress.
Medical malpractice refers to incidents in healthcare settings where patients receive substandard care, resulting in harm, injuries, or even death due to medical errors.
Pedestrian accidents occur when individuals on foot are struck by vehicles, leading to injuries or fatalities in traffic-related incidents.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries result from sudden impact on the spinal cord or surrounding bone and tissue. These injuries can cause partial or total paralysis temporarily or permanently.
Our Proven Track Record
Successful Case Outcomes
Hiring an experienced Arizona personal injury lawyer isn’t enough. You need one who’s most likely to win your case. Esquire Law has a track record of success handling personal injury cases of all kinds in Arizona. From boating accidents to dog bites, we’ve seen it all. We have what it takes to achieve the results you want.
What Our Clients Have to Say
“I was having the toughest time dealing with the effects of my accident. I went through three lawyers, all of whom were just out to get a check. The wonderful staff at Esquire Law handled my case like they would if they were the victims. I can’t say enough about how happy I was to have brought them on the case.”
“The staff at Esquire Law has made me feel very comfortable and I would recommend them to anybody in an accident situation.”
“I highly recommend Esquire Law. They get the job done fast. They answer the phone when you call. Call them even if you think you might not have a case. Let them decide. That’s what I did, and it paid off well. Great job Esquire Law!”
“Esquire Law Firm was extremely professional and was there for me each step of the way. They know exactly what they are doing and they make the process as stress-free as possible. I couldn’t be happier. They are a great team, and I would recommend them to anyone who needs a personal injury lawyer.”
What Sets Esquire Law Apart?
See why clients choose us to represent their personal injury cases in Arizona.
Maximum Financial Compensation
Whether you were involved in a motorcycle accident or a slip and fall accident, recovering from a personal injury is costly. You’re stuck with bills for things like medical treatment, physical therapy, and lost wages, most of which you probably don’t have enough funds to cover.
That’s where we come in. Our lawyers stand up against stingy insurance companies to fight for the compensation you rightfully deserve. The last thing you should have to do after an accident someone else caused is worry about paying out-of-pocket expenses.
Reliable legal services should be within reach for every Arizona resident. Your socioeconomic status shouldn’t determine whether you get justice and due compensation. That’s why we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t have to pay any legal fees unless and until we win your case. You can focus on your recovery while we focus on the success of your case.
When you file a personal injury claim, you want to resolve it as quickly as possible without sacrificing compensation. At Esquire Law, we don’t keep you waiting for answers like other firms do. Our team is available 24/7 to answer urgent questions and address any concerns you may have. We’ll do everything we can to expedite the process so you can move on with your life.
Your life is busy. You might not have time to visit us in person at one of our Arizona offices. That’s why we offer 100% virtual communication options. We can handle your entire case online if you want. Contact us anytime by call, text, or online chat. A team member will be ready to speak with you.
You might prefer to handle your case in person. With offices in Phoenix and Tucson, meeting face-to-face with your Arizona personal injury lawyer has never been more convenient. All you have to do is give us a call, and we’ll set up an appointment that accommodates your schedule.
How to Start Your Personal Injury Claim With Esquire Law
When it comes to filing a personal injury claim, time is of the essence. The longer you wait, the longer you go without needed compensation. Plus, if you wait too long, you risk filing once the statute of limitations has ended and losing out on compensation altogether. The first step is to schedule your free case evaluation with us. An experienced personal injury attorney will review the details of your case and help you determine the best path forward.
Reach Out to Arizona’s Trusted Personal Injury Lawyers
Need a personal injury lawyer in Arizona? Look no further than Esquire Law. From the initial case evaluation to litigation, we’ll support you every step of the way. Don’t settle for the first offer you receive. Our lawyers will fight for maximum compensation on your behalf. Contact us today to start the process.