If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident in Arizona, it is important to understand the state’s personal injury laws and how they may affect your case. Here are some tips to help you navigate the personal injury process in Arizona in 2023.
1. Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you don’t think your injuries are serious, it is important to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible.
2. Keep track of all medical expenses, including doctor visits, hospital stays, and any other costs associated with your injury.
3. Preserve all evidence related to your injury, such as photographs, medical records, and witness statements.
4. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Arizona. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
5. Follow all doctor’s orders and attend all follow-up appointments.
6. Do not speak to the insurance company without consulting with your attorney first.
7. Do not sign any documents or accept any settlement offers without first consulting with your attorney.
8. Document your pain and suffering. Keep a journal of your physical and emotional symptoms and how they affect your daily life.
9. Stay off social media. Anything you post on social media can be used against you in a personal injury case.
10. File a claim as soon as possible. In Arizona, you have two years to file a personal injury claim.
11. Be aware of the statute of limitations. In Arizona, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years, so it is important to file your claim as soon as possible.
12. Take pictures of the scene of the accident. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and any visible injuries.
13. Document your lost wages. Keep track of any wages you lose due to your injury.
14. Be honest and cooperative with your attorney. Your attorney is there to help you, so it is important to be honest and cooperative with them.
15. Keep all communication with the insurance company in writing.
16. Do not accept the first settlement offer. The insurance company’s initial offer is usually much lower than what you deserve.
17. Stay organized. Keep all documents related to your case in one place.
18. Do not give a recorded statement without consulting your attorney.
19. Do not sign any documents without consulting your attorney.
20. Do not take any action that could jeopardize your case.
21. Do not post about your case on social media. Anything you post can be used against you in court.
22. Do not discuss your case with anyone other than your attorney.
23. Do not try to handle your case alone. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
We are here for you Auto Accident and Personal Injury needs: Contact Us
Arizona Personal Injury Tips for 2023 Sources:
1. Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 12, Chapter 5: https://www.azleg.gov/ars/12/00501.htm
2. “Personal Injury Law in Arizona”: https://www.azbar.org/public-services/law-related-education/legal-topics/personal-injury-law-in-arizona/