When you think of a personal injury lawyer, your mind probably flashes to stereotypical scenes from your favorite courtroom dramas. But real-life lawyers aren’t like TV lawyers. Have you ever wondered what a personal injury lawyer actually does? Let’s take a look at what a personal injury attorney’s responsibilities are, what kind of cases they handle, and how they can help you get justice.
What Is a Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who specializes in personal injury cases. In other words, they provide legal counsel and representation to people who have been injured by the negligent or reckless acts of an individual or entity. They operate under tort law, which covers both negligent and intentional acts. These legal professionals perform various services for their clients, like gathering evidence, representing them in court, and securing financial compensation on their behalf.
Our Proven Approach
From the initial case evaluation to seeking fair compensation in court, our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We take a personalized approach because every case is different, and every client has unique needs. When you trust us with your personal injury case, you can rest easy knowing we’ll dedicate ourselves to your success.
Types of Cases Handled by Personal Injury Lawyers
- Car Accidents: Something as simple as checking a text or changing a song while behind the wheel can have lifelong consequences for multiple parties. If a negligent or reckless driver caused a car accident that injured you, our car accident attorneys will bring them to justice.
- Motorcycle Accidents: If a motorcycle gets in an accident with another vehicle, the motorcyclist is more likely to sustain severe injuries. Whether you’re suffering from broken bones, a traumatic brain injury, or something else as a result of your accident, we’ll help you recover your rightful compensation.
- Truck Accidents: Large trucks like 18-wheelers are a hazard to other drivers on the road. When they collide with a smaller vehicle, that driver will likely suffer severe injuries as a result. From negotiating with big trucking companies to fighting your insurance company, we’ll do whatever it takes to fight for your rights.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicycle accidents can result in injuries like broken bones, lacerations, and concussions, all of which require professional medical attention. Our team will secure the compensation you need to pay for things like medical bills, prescription medication, and rehabilitative care.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are the most vulnerable people when it comes to accidents that occur on and near roadways. Whether you were struck by a car while crossing the street or hit by a reversing vehicle, you can count on us to hold the driver accountable.
- Boating Accidents: Whether a passenger falls off a boat or two boats collide, the injuries can be severe and even fatal. Our attorneys have what it takes to establish fault and get the compensation you need to recover.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners are responsible for keeping their properties safe for residents, customers, and guests. If their negligence resulted in your injuries, we’ll help you seek compensation to cover your injury-related expenses.
- Birth Injuries: If you or your child were wrongfully injured during the childbirth process, you’re entitled to compensation from the individual or entity who acted negligently or recklessly. Our legal experts will hold the at-fault party responsible for their actions and secure the compensation you deserve.
- Brain Injuries: Many victims of car, motorcycle, and truck accidents suffer from what’s called traumatic brain injury (TBI). TBI is brain dysfunction resulting from a violent blow to the head or body. Whoever caused the accident that resulted in your TBI, our lawyers will hold the at-fault party accountable for the harm they caused you.
- Dog Bites: If someone’s dog bit you and you suffered injuries as a result, you’re entitled to financial compensation. If the owner knew their dog had aggressive tendencies, they could be held liable for the injuries caused. Our lawyers will examine your case to determine fault and calculate your losses.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals are responsible for caring for their patients. Unfortunately, they mess up just like the rest of us sometimes, and their mistakes can have lifelong consequences. If your medical provider fails to uphold their standard of care, we won’t stop until justice is served.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Anything from a car crash to an accident at work can cause damage to the spinal cord. The healing process for a spinal cord injury often requires surgery, physical therapy, and prescription medication, all of which are costly. Our legal experts will secure the compensation you deserve so you don’t have to pay these costs out-of-pocket.
The Process of Working With a Personal Injury Lawyer
1. Consultation and Case Evaluation
The first step we take with any personal injury case is to schedule an initial consultation with you. The main purpose of this consultation is to familiarize ourselves with your case to determine whether you have grounds to file a personal injury claim.
You should come prepared with information like the date and location of your accident or injury, who was involved, and medical bills and other expenses caused by your losses. Our attorneys will use this information to determine fault, calculate your losses, and craft a legal strategy.
We believe every personal injury victim should have access to premier legal services. That’s why our case evaluations are free of charge. That way you can worry less about how to pay for legal assistance and focus more on your recovery.
2. Legal Representation
From negotiating a fair settlement to representing you in court, you can count on us to be there for you every step of the way. Navigating the personal injury claims process is complicated, especially if you’re doing it alone and have no experience. That’s why we’re here to provide guidance and elite representation.
Our attorneys have expertise in all areas of personal injury law. Whether you were injured on the road or in the delivery room, we have the skills and resources required to achieve justice and secure compensation on your behalf.
3. Settlement & Compensation
The aftermath of an accident can be costly. Many accident victims don’t have the funds needed to cover the various costs involved, like medical bills, car repairs, and lost wages. Our team is dedicated to securing maximum financial compensation on your behalf so you don’t have to pay out-of-pocket. Compensation also helps lighten the load of non-economic damages like pain and suffering, mental anguish, and scarring.
We first try securing compensation by negotiating a settlement with the at-fault party. This process involves making offers and counteroffers with the at-fault party and their insurance company—if they have coverage—until a mutually agreed upon settlement is reached. If a settlement can’t be reached, we’ll begin the process of pursuing litigation, which begins with filing a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Why Choose Esquire Law as Your Personal Injury Lawyer?
Every Esquire Law attorney is a personal injury expert. We know how to navigate the complexities of personal injury cases, including how to effectively negotiate with insurance companies and secure maximum compensation on your behalf. Here are just a few examples of successful case outcomes we’ve achieved.
- $750,000 for a client who was in an accident with a car that illegally entered oncoming traffic
- $500,000 for a client who was involved in a three-vehicle car accident while driving on the highway
- $400,000 for a client who was in an accident with a car that was changing lanes and hit them
Everything we do is for the benefit of our clients. Here’s what a few former clients have to say about choosing us to represent them in their time of need.
“I was having the toughest time dealing with the effects of my accident. I went through three lawyers, all of whom were just out to get a check. The wonderful staff at Esquire Law handled my case like they would if they were the victims. I can’t say enough about how happy I was to have brought them on the case.”– John Kraklio
“This group has been concerned about my injuries sustained. Everyone has been polite, friendly, and compassionate. Thank you so much.”– Ginny Fallucca
“Esquire Law is excellent at doing their job! The attorneys are knowledgeable and kind. They know what they’re doing. They’re on top of assisting and scheduling me to the doctor’s offices and places where I can get treatment. I’m so happy that they’re helping me.”– Viani Giovinni
We make getting the legal representation you need as convenient as possible. That’s why we have offices in Arizona and Utah. Whether you live in Phoenix, Tucson, or Salt Lake City, you can access the same top-notch legal services. You can also contact us virtually by call, chat, or an online form submission if you don’t live near one of our office locations.
Discover How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Do you need a skilled attorney to handle your personal injury case? Esquire Law is the firm you can trust to fight for your rights from start to finish. Don’t wait until it’s too late to secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation.